Staff Assembly Scholarship
The USC Staff Assembly Scholarship was established in 2016 to provide additional support to a few of the 500+ staff members who are currently pursuing a USC degree. The scholarship aims to support those staff members who best represent the USC staff community while simultaneously dedicating themselves to earning a degree.
Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the university,
- a Tuition Assistance Benefit eligible staff member, and
- currently enrolled in any USC degree-granting program.
For the 2018 scholarship, applicants must be enrolled for the fall 2018 semester.
Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5pm Pacific time. Late submissions will not be considered.
Application materials and information
Complete the online application form which will require you to upload the following (have these items ready before beginning the application):
- An original 200- to 500-word essay describing your staff experience at USC (including length of service and positions held), your career goals, and how you contribute or plan to contribute to the staff community during your employment; if you’re fairly new to USC, please include how your past experience will help you contribute to USC in the future
- Your current resume
- At least one but no more than two recommendation letters from a manager, colleague, etc.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The Staff Assembly scholarship cannot be renewed; applicants can only win the award once.
2017 program winners
This year’s recipients of the Staff Assembly Scholarship emerged from a field of some 500 staff members pursuing degrees. Congratulations to:
Sally Behpoornia – Residential College Community Coordinator, Office for Residential Education, Student Affairs
Queena Hoang – Center Supervisor, Asian Pacific American Student Services, Student Affairs
Michelle Juarez – Lead Academic Advisor, Academic Counseling Services, Undergraduate Programs, Office of the Provost
Melissa Miller – Hoose Library of Philosophy Supervisor, USC Libraries
Carmela Montero – Clinical Nurse, Surgical Oncology, Keck Hospital of USC
Amelia Spinrad – Regulatory Knowledge Support Specialist, Department of Regulatory and Quality Sciences, USC School of Pharmacy
Be sure to like USC Staff Assembly on Facebook!