Staff Assembly Scholarship
The Staff Assembly Scholarship, established in 2016, is designed to show our appreciation for the approximately 500 USC staff members who are pursuing a USC degree at any given time, and to provide additional funding to those who best represent the USC staff community. The scholarship program is made possible by a grant from USC senior administration, and awards six $1000 scholarships to selected students to help pay for books, fees, etc.
Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the university,
- a Tuition Assistance Benefit eligible staff member, and
- currently enrolled in any USC degree-granting program.
Complete the online application form which will require you to upload the following (have these items ready before beginning the application):
- An original 200- to 500-word essay describing your staff experience at USC (including length of service and positions held), your career goals, and how you’ve contributed to the staff community during your employment,
- your current resume, and
- one or two recommendation letters from a manager and/or colleagues which must be on departmental letterhead or include a USC business card.
The 2017 application period is now closed. Candidates will be notified via email by September 1, 2017 if they are selected for the scholarship.
2016 program winners
The inaugural recipients of the Staff Assembly Scholarship were selected from some 120 applicants. Congratulations to:
Jennifer Gerson – Director, Doctoral Programs, USC Viterbi School of Engineering
Chelsea Jones – Student Services Advisor, Undergraduate Student Advising, USC Marshall School of Business
Julienne Jose-Chen – Associate Director, Master’s Program, USC Rossier School of Education
Paul Lee – Program Specialist, Office of the Vice Dean for Graduate Programs, USC Marshall School of Business
Leslie Ann Picazo – Student Services Advisor, Research Advancement, USC Keck School of Medicine
Jacqueline Villatoro – Student Programs Advisor, USC TRIO Programs
Be sure to like USC Staff Assembly on Facebook!