Staff Assembly Scholarship
The Staff Assembly Scholarship, established in 2016, is designed to show our appreciation for the approximately 500 USC staff members who are pursuing a USC degree at any given time, and to provide additional funding to those who best represent the USC staff community. The scholarship program is made possible by a grant from USC senior administration, and awards six $1000 scholarships to selected students to help pay for books, fees, etc.
Applicants must be:
- in good standing with the university,
- a Tuition Assistance Benefit eligible staff member, and
- currently enrolled in any USC degree-granting program.
Complete the online application form which will require you to upload the following (have these items ready before beginning the application):
- An original 200- to 500-word essay describing your staff experience at USC (including length of service and positions held), your career goals, and how you’ve contributed to the staff community during your employment,
- your current resume, and
- one or two recommendation letters from a manager and/or colleagues which must be on departmental letterhead or include a USC business card.
The 2017 application period is now closed. Candidates will be notified via email by September 1, 2017 if they are selected for the scholarship.
2017 program winners
This year’s recipients of the Staff Assembly Scholarship emerged from a field of some 500 staff members pursuing degrees. Congratulations to:
Sally Behpoornia – Residential College Community Coordinator, Office for Residential Education, Student Affairs
Queena Hoang – Center Supervisor, Asian Pacific American Student Services, Student Affairs
Michelle Juarez – Lead Academic Advisor, Academic Counseling Services, Undergraduate Programs, Office of the Provost
Melissa Miller – Hoose Library of Philosophy Supervisor, USC Libraries
Carmela Montero – Clinical Nurse, Surgical Oncology, Keck Hospital of USC
Amelia Spinrad – Regulatory Knowledge Support Specialist, Department of Regulatory and Quality Sciences, USC School of Pharmacy
Be sure to like USC Staff Assembly on Facebook!