The Staff Assembly Scholarship supports USC Staff members with a non-renewable $1,000 award. Since its inception in 2016, Staff Assembly Scholars have received a collective $26,000 to offset their educational expenses. Staff members who best represent the USC staff community, while simultaneously dedicating themselves to earning a degree at USC are selected. The scholarship is not awarded on financial need and draws a very competitive pool of applicants.
Benefits of the Staff Assembly Scholarship
- One-time award of $1,000.00 that can be applied towards tuition fees not covered by the University’s Tuition Assistance Benefit (TAB) program or other education-related expenses
- Presentation before the Staff Assembly
- Recognition among peers
To be eligible for the scholarship you must be:
- in good standing with the university,
- a Tuition Assistance Benefit eligible staff member, and
- currently enrolled in any USC degree-granting program.
Candidates are selected by members of the USC Staff Assembly under the guidance of the Scholarships and Awards Committee. The applicant pool grows and becomes more competitive every year.
The applicant must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The applicant must be a Tuition Assistance Benefit (TAB) Eligible Staff Employee – means a full-time, actively at work benefits-eligible staff employee employed by the university. https://benefits.usc.edu/education/
- Currently enrolled in any degree-granting program at USC
- Must be a student in good academic standing or a newly accepted admission.
- Must be enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester.
- The applicant may not have received a Staff Assembly Scholarship before.
- The applicant may not be a current Staff Assembly Member.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to the University in two areas, service and staff excellence.
The USC Staff Assembly Scholarship Selection Committee will review applications based on the criteria outlined below. Financial need is not considered a review criterion.
- The completed application form
- An original 200-500 word essay describing your staff experience at USC including:
- Long-term objectives and career goals
- Evidenced professional advancement
- Service that has made a positive impact on USC and our community
- Contributions to USC and community
- Used talents/initiative to engage/improve the work environment
- Championing change
- Current resume:
- A thorough synopsis of employment history
- Strengths are highlighted
- Examples of significant achievement in job roles
- Letter(s) of recommendation from supervisor and/or colleague:
- Minimum of one (1) letter required, no more than two (2) letters accepted
- Acknowledged integrity of character or other redeeming qualities
- Accentuated versatility and accomplishments
- Endorsed work ethics and positive attitude.
The deadline to submit an application for consideration is Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. (PST) – late submissions will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com